Wednesday 14 September 2016

PR Sewing Bee Round 2 Challenge

My challenge:
We have to sew a garment made with a woven fabric (no stretch) cut on the bias, for an adult, male or female, by 11.59pm EST on Tuesday next.
So it's not the creativity challenge, after all! I'm almost disappointed!

I'm not sure what to make. 25 of the 60 who graduated from the first round will go through to the second and anything I make needs to stands out (but I'm not keen on doing stripes, though they show the bias better). It stands to reason it must be well done. It must fit - me or my husband to avoid the issues I had in the first round. The two necessary photos are one on the person and one close up showing that the grain is cut on the bias - this can be during or after construction.

Shirt? A plaid shirt is often on the straight grain with a bias yoke. I'm wondering if it could be the other way around?
Skirt?
Dress?
I don't think a top? I have done a bias camisole in the past but I didn't like it and it looked pretty unexciting.

I need to raid my pattern stash and my fabric stash and if nothing comes to hand, go shopping before the shops close tonight as I'm away tomorrow. It's nearly 4pm here.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Anne, I wrote a comment and hit sign out instead of publish!
    Congratulations for making it to,round 2! I am so,glad that you amd it.
    My entry never got in because of the hurricane!
    If you are looking for input send me an email. I cannot find yours, and I was sure that I had it.
    Susanafogel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not at all sure what to make. The model has to be me and I don't have any TNT patterns at all, far less bias cut. I'll send you my email. A x

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I'd make a flow bias top -- that is always flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm making a top but not sure how flowing it will be!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Please leave a comment. I welcome each and every one. I value criticism (constructive of course! ), love hints and tips and would appreciate suggestions for future direction.

How Do You Read Blogs?

It's a while since I've posted a blog,  lots of reasons. I'm thinking of starting again. However,  I used to read the blogs I fo...